Rivermead Care Home is a residential home based in the Yorkshire area offering 24-hour care services to its residents. The development consisted of adding a newly built extension onto the existing care home. This provided extra space for the residents featuring 5 additional residential bedrooms all of which include ensuites. The scheme also included a new access corridor and added recreational space to be used by residents for leisure and socialising purposes. This project commenced in the middle of October 2018.
Playing Our Part
EMCE was awarded the contract which involved the installation of new M&E services to the extension. The services included:
- New Heating & Hot/Cold water services from the plant room.
- New radiators and sanitary ware.
- Above ground drainage services.
- Upgrading of the existing Main Panel Board to include a new MCCB Panel Board, submain and localised distribution board.
- New lighting, small power, fire alarm, TV and access control systems
The project was successfully completed within the time frame and to budget.
Since completion of the works; EMCE has continued to work closely with the Main Contractor and Client on future developments.